This Privacy notice describes our policies and procedures on the collection, use and disclosure of your information and tells you about your privacy rights and how you can exercise them. By 'your information' we mean any information provided to us by you or a third party
This privacy notice (the “Privacy Notice” or “this notice”) relates to all personal information processing activities carried out by The Pension Alliance Limited (PAL Pensions). PAL Pensions is a data controller of personal information collected and processed for our business (including the products and services that we provide). In this notice, references to:
You means the individual or business customer or partner (which includes suppliers or other organisations we do business with
Company (either "the Company", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to Pensions Alliance Limited or Pal Pensions
Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
Personal Information is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
While using Our Service, We may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
Information you give to us through our various touchpoints (i.e. website, paper forms, etc.)
- Information that we gather from publicly available sources, such as the press, company registers and online search engines
- Information that we receive from third parties – third parties who provide services to you or us, government agencies, and other
- Information that we learn about you when you use our services
- Information that we gather from the technology which you use to access our services (for example location data from your mobile phone, or an IP address or telephone number) and how you use it (for example pattern recognition)
When you provide your information to us, we may use the information we collect in the following ways:
To manage our relationship with you or your business
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
When you provide your information to us, we may use the information we will share your information on the following requirements:
Under certain circumstances, the company may be required to disclose Your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
The Company may disclose Your Personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
- Consent is provided
- Required by court orders or legal process
- Violation of any part of our Privacy Notice
- Third parties conducting business on our behalf. These parties process such information for specific and limited purposes, in compliance with the privacy notice and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures
Sensitive personal data (also known as special categories of personal data) make up information we collect from you. In particular, we may process, biometric data, for services that require it. We process such sensitive personal data when you have provided your consent or otherwise required by applicable law and these information will be collected and processed only for the particular purposes and activities for which the information is provided.
Transfer of Your Personal data
The Company will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Subject to applicable laws, Nigeria data protection regulations and/or pension industry guidelines, you have the following rights:
- To request a copy of the personal data processed in relation to you
- To request that we correct your personal data
- To request us to delete your personal data, for example if we no longer have a valid reason to process it
- To object to how we process your personal data
- To restrict how your personal data is processed in certain cases, such as when the accuracy of your Personal data is contested
- To request a copy of the personal data you have given to us in a machine readable format
Cookies are small text files containing information which your computer or mobile device downloads when you visit a website, return to websites – or visit websites that use the same cookies – they recognize these cookies and therefore your browsing device .We do not store confidential or sensitive personal information in cookies.
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service. Usage Data may include information such as Your Device's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
- Web browser used – software manufacturer, and version number
- Operating system
- Screen colours
- Flash version
- Screen resolution
- Network location and IP address
- May include geographic
- Connection Bandwidth
- May include geographic data
- Connection bandwidth
- Time of visit
- Pages visited and dwell time on these pages
- Referring site
- The referring website URL
- Search engine query used
Google Analytics data is shared with Google. For more information on Google’s Privacy Policies, visit https://policies.google.com/privacy.
Some cookies are needed to make our website work, but we need your consent to use others .The cookie categories are.
These cookies are needed to run our website, to keep it secure, and to obey regulations that apply to us. These cookies will still be collected even if customer declines to the collection of cookies.
These cookies remember your region or country, language, accessibility options and your settings.
These cookies tell us how customers use our website. We study and profile this data to help us improve our products and performance
These cookies help us decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you. We may use this data to tailor the ads you see on our own and other websites and apps.
We do not use third party cookies on our website.
What are your choices regarding cookies?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. This can be done in your browser settings. Since browsers differ, we recommend that you access the Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn your cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
Where you can find more information about cookies
You can learn more about cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
We will always hold your information securely. To prevent unauthorized access to your information, we have implemented strong controls and security safeguards at the technical and operational levels. This site uses Secure Sockets Layer/Transport Layer Security (SSL/TLS) to ensure secure transmission of your personal data. You should see the padlock symbol in your URL address bar once you are successfully logged into the platform. The URL address will also start with https:// depicting a secure webpage. SSL applies encryption between two points such as your PC and the connecting server. Any data transmitted during the session will be encrypted before transmission and decrypted at the receiving end. This is to ensure that data cannot be read during transmission.
Your information is regarded as confidential and will not be divulged to any third party except under legal and/or regulatory conditions. You have the right to request sight of, and copies of any and all information we keep on you, if such requests are made in compliance with the Freedom of Information Act and other relevant enactments. While Pensions Alliance Limited (PAL pensions) is responsible for safeguarding the information entrusted to us, your role in fulfilling confidentiality duties includes, but is not limited to, adopting and enforcing appropriate security measures such as non-sharing of passwords and other platform login details, adherence with physical security protocols on our premises, dealing with only authorized officers of the Agency.
Our Service does not address children. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal data from anyone that is considered a child without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
Changes to This Privacy Notice
Based on the changing nature of privacy laws, user needs and our business, this privacy notice may be updated from time to time. Any change to our Privacy Notice will be communicated on our website, and this will be effective as soon as published. Accordingly, we encourage periodic reviews of this Privacy Notice for awareness of any changes that may have occurred.
Pensions Alliance Limited (PAL Pensions) strives to resolve your privacy complaints and concerns as quickly as possible. If you have a concern, complaint or questions regarding this Privacy Notice, you may contact us through the following means:
Head Office: Plot 289, Ajose Adeogun Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.
Phone: 080072573674667 (Toll free)
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Web Site: www.palpensions.com