Personal information is top priority to Pensions Alliance Limited (PAL Pensions) and we are committed to protecting your personal information.
This policy outlines the obligations of Pensions Alliance Limited (PAL Pensions) as a prospective employer in terms of data protection and how privacy protection is applied. By accepting the terms and conditions when applying to work with us, you are consenting to this policy.
We collect information from you in connection with your application. Information we collect includes:
- Your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and other contact information
- Job application information, such as academic and professional qualifications, CV/résumé and employment references, cover letters, information from interviews, and any other information you provide to us in support of and during the recruitment process
- Any other information you elect to provide to us (e.g., employment preferences, willingness to relocate, current salary, desired salary, awards or professional memberships)
- Documents you provide to us in support of and during the recruitment process.
In certain cases, we will ask questions about state of origin, gender, for the monitoring of equal opportunity compliance. We may also inquire about criminal records, where permitted by applicable law. In all cases, we will handle such sensitive information in accordance with applicable laws.
Any information you submit through the Careers section of the website www.palpensions.com must be true, complete, and not misleading. Purposely submitting inaccurate, incomplete, or misleading information may lead to rejection of your application during the application process or, if identified after employed with the company, disciplinary action including immediate termination of employment.
If you provide us with personal information of a reference or any other individual as part of your application, it is your responsibility to obtain consent from that individual prior to providing the information to us.
Information from Other Sources
Pensions Alliance Limited (PAL Pensions) may also collect information about you from third parties or public sources as needed to support our recruitment process. Other sources include:
- Your references;
- Previous employers;
- Educational institutions you attended
Legal Basis for Collecting and Processing your Personal Information
We collect and process information about you for one or more of these reasons:
- Performance of a contractual agreement: Because this information is necessary to take steps at your request prior to your employment
- Fulfilment of a legitimate interest: Because this information is of particular importance to us, and we have a specific legitimate interest under law to process it
- Consent of the applicant: Because you voluntarily provide this information and consent for us to process it
- Compliance with a legal obligation: To comply with a legal obligation
Operational basis for Collecting and Processing your Personal Information
Purposes of Processing
To assess your capabilities and qualifications for a job. We will engage in these activities to manage our prospective contractual relationship with you, based on our legitimate interests;
- Determining the applicant’s qualifications, skills and background for a particular position
- Determining the applicant’s right to work
- Conducting background checks and similar inquiries in compliance with applicable laws
- Communicating with an applicant during the recruitment process
- Carrying out functions in relation to an applicant’s future employment
- Managing and improving PAL pensions’ recruitment process.
From time to time, we may make Personal Data available to other entities within Pensions Alliance Limited (PAL Pensions) and to other parties:
- If we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process (such as PENCOM (National Pension Commission), a court order or subpoena)
- In response to requests by government agencies
- When we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity
We may disclose your Personal Data in the event that we sell or transfer all, or a portion of, our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
Subject to applicable laws, regulations and/pensions commission guidelines, you have the following rights:
- To request a copy of the personal data processed in relation to you
- To request that we correct your personal data
- To request us to delete your personal data, for example if we no longer have a valid reason to process it
- To object to how we process your personal data
- To restrict how your personal data is processed in certain cases, such as when the accuracy of your Personal Data is contested
- To request a copy of the personal data you have given to us in a machine-readable format
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Any data (including personal information) will be collected and stored on secure file servers.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
A cookie is a small text file that a web server places on your computer or device when your browser accesses a website. A web server assigns cookies uniquely to you, and only a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you can read the cookies.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline some or all cookies if you prefer. You can learn more about cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
Changes to This Privacy Notice
Based on the changing nature of privacy laws, user needs and our business, this privacy notice may be updated from time to time. Any change to our Privacy Notice will be communicated on our website, and this will be effective as soon as published.
Accordingly, we encourage periodic reviews of this Privacy Notice for awareness of any changes that may have occurred.
Pensions Alliance Limited (PAL Pensions) strives to resolve your privacy complaints and concerns as quickly as possible. If you have a concern, complaint or questions regarding this Privacy Notice, you may contact us through the following means:
Head Office: Plot 289, Ajose Adeogun Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.
Phone: 080072573674667 (Toll free)
E-Mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: www.palpensions.com