Death Benefit Payment
This is payment made to the survivor(s) of a deceased contributor/pensioner. Upon the death of a RSA holder, the beneficiary named in a will or a letter of administration will be eligible to access the balance standing in the account of the deceased RSA holder.
Application will be processed if all required documents are provided.
- The Next of Kin, deceased family member or employer will formally notify PAL of the client’s demise.
- Two Passport photographs of the deceased and NOK/ Administrator
- PAL death notification form
- Bank account statement of the beneficiary. Please note that where there are multiple NOKs, payment will be made into only ONE account (Joint or estate account).
- NOK/ Administrator Means of identification
- Death certificate of registration of death
- Letter of Administration or Will
Where the deceased client was a public sector employee and his/her accrued benefits (pre 2004 pension contribution) have not been remitted into their RSA, the next of kin would be required to provide the following documents in addition to the afore mentioned:
- Letter of first appointment
- Deceased age declaration
- Last pay slip before demise
- Pay slips for June 2004, January 2007 and June 2010
- Evidence of transfer of service
- Letter of introduction from employer stating the deceased’s date of first appointment, date of birth, date of death, grade level & step as at June 2004, January 2007, June 2010 and at demise
- PENCOM death notification form
- Once all the above documents have been received and certified, PAL sends payment request to PENCOM for approval
• Upon approval, UBA Pension Fund Custodian credits clients account.